1. A Raffle - A simple fundraising idea that’s a great money-maker! Sell raffle tickets for a prize of your choosing. The winner gets the prize and the proceeds go to Hope House.
2. 50/50 Raffle – Raffle tickets are sold for a set amount and the winner receives half of the money collected. The other half goes to Hope House.
3. Balloon Count – Fill a car with blown-up balloons and people purchase tickets to guess how many there are. Closest to the actual number wins a paid day off and proceeds go to Hope House.
4. Chili cook off - Request an entry fee of at least $25 for those who wish to bring their favorite chili. Charge a $5 (or more) fee for those wishing to taste-test the chili and then offer them a bowl of their favorite chili.
5. Jeans Day – Staff can wear jeans on specific days for a donation of a certain amount to Hope House during the month of October.
6. Choose an Experience – Have people pay $5 a vote to decide which form of “experience” to give to your organization’s leader (i.e. dye hair, dress as a clown, trade a job for a day).
7. Strike Gold – Participants ask friends and family to donate old jewelry they no longer wear and turn the gold in for cash that they donate to Hope House.
8. Buy a Meal – Co-workers donate homemade meals and sell them for lunch each Friday for the month of October.
9. For the Birds – Deliver a group of fake pink flamingos to a person’s yard and leave a note explaining the cause and asking for a donation to “replant” the flamingos in the yard of the next “participant” the first donor designates. This goes on for the entire month of October and ends on Friday, October 25th.
10. Go Hairless – Boss commits to shaving their head if a specified amount is raised by a deadline.
11. Pay it Forward – Give each person in your organization a specific amount of time to call friends and family to raise money for Hope House. The leading collector wins a prize.
12. Eat for a Cause – Ask a local restaurant to donate a percentage of their profits on a designated night for Hope House in exchange for encouraging supporters to eat there. Your staff can wait tables.
13. Whose Got Talent – Hold a talent show with an entry fee for each act and sell tickets.
14. Pump it Up – Coordinate with a local gas station to have volunteers serve as gas station attendants who pump gas and clean windshields for donations for a day.
15. Gift Basket Silent Auction or Raffle - Each department is given a theme and charged with creating a gift basket. Items can be purchased by the employees in the department or, they can find local vendors to donate goods and services. Hold a silent auction or a raffle for each basket, and provide a prize to the winning department who gets the highest bid or has the most raffle tickets.
16. Pictures - Bet you never realized your boss once looked so cute, or that scary lady from accounts was once a giggling beauty! Get a baby photo from all your colleagues. Scan them or pin them on a board. Anyone can try and match who is who for a donation. The one with the most correct guesses wins a prize.
Bloom Salon LLC
Budget Blinds of Lee's Summit
Community Christian Church
Community Services League
Great Southern Bank
House of Heavilin Beauty College
Integrity Group Real Estate
Kennedy's Custom Jewelers
Premier Income Partners
Southside Bar & Grille
The Brown Team-REMAX Heritage
The Historic Browning Inn
Truman Medical Center - Lakewood
Hope House's mission is to break the cycle of domestic violence by providing safe refuge and supportive services that educate and empower those impacted by domestic violence. Hope House will advocate social change that protects and engenders a person's right to live a life free of abuse.